|Best Dog Subscription Box Overall||Best Box For Puppies||Best Box For Heavy Chewers|
|Check Out BarkBox’s Website||Check Out Pupbox’s Website||Check Out BullyMake’s Website|
Subscription services have exploded in the world of industry in the past year, because they are so convenient and there is always a bit of a surprise in the boxes, along with all the products you want, which is why you signed up for the service in the first place.
There are four prominent subscription box services for dogs that will be broken down and reviewed so you can get in on the wonderful deals they all have to offer. PupBox, BarkBox, Bullymake Box, and PawPack are making some awesome strides in providing families with treats, toys, chewies, dental sticks, and more items that every puppy loves!
Let’s take a look at each one of them and rank them best to – not so best – but, all of them are good to have and one may be better for you and your fur buddy than the other. We’ll look at value, items, service, price, shipping, and other characteristics.
This company is dedicated to providing innovative toys and all-natural treats to dogs everywhere. This box is sent out each month. Every month, the box changes, and is curated according to a theme. Some of the themes are:
The Knights of the Hound Table Themed Box
- Featured Toy – this box was “Squirrel Lancelot”, which is a soft chew toy of a squirrel with armor on, and it’s adorable. There is also a harder toy for pups to chew on called the “Ye Olde Ball and Chain”, which is a rubber/plastic tube portion with a spiky ball on the end of a rope attached to the tube, which imitates a medieval weapon called a ‘morning star’. The other is a plush dragon with wings that make a plastic, crinkle sound that retains a dog’s attention.
- Featured Treat – The featured treat in this box is “Skin and Coat War Dogs” brand treats. This brand is special because with every bag that is purchased, the company donates to a not-for-profit organization called ‘War Dogs Making It Home’, which gives much needed supplies and services to working dogs for the military. The actual treats are made in America. They are made specifically to help support skin and fur health with all-natural, grain-free ingredients
- More Goodies – The box comes with another bag of treats called “Banquet Feast”, which are treats made from brown rice, real turkey, and a bit of honey to help support natural health and essential vitamins and minerals that goes along perfectly with their regular diet.
Chewrassic Bark Themed Box
This clever take on “Jurassic Park” is dinosaur themed.
- Featured Toy – “Hatchin’ Harry” is a soft toy made of plush with a squeaker and a crinkle plastic shell that Harry is poking out of. “Herbert the Herbivore” is another hard toy that mimics a Triceratops that has a rope that attaches two halves of the toy. BarkBox is a special brand, because they make their toys in a unique way. This toy offers a bonus hard, spiky ball inside once your dog has destroyed the outer layers of it.
- 1 Month – $29/mo
- 6 Months – $25/mo
- 12 Monts – $21/mo
- Click here to get your first month FREE
BarkBox Final Thoughts
BarkBox is obviously awesome and our choice for the Best Dog Subscription Box. After the first couple of boxes that get delivered, your dog will be excited to expect the package every month. Maybe your puppy will begin to like the mail person? The themes listed here are just a couple of the many that these clever dog lovers come up with each month.
Each PupBox contains 5-7 items that are valued at over a minimum of $40 for every box.
This subscription service focuses on bringing their customers healthy treats, great toys that both entertain and work their minds, and training toys and tools to help you and your dog grow a stronger bond. The company is dedicated to making it easier for you to have a new puppy. There is a lot to do when a new fur buddy enters the family. Behavior training, potty training, routine training, occupational training (how to play and treat humans and dogs), and command training are just a few of the many things that a successful dog friend needs to teach them. This box gives their customers all the necessary tools and information to do all the hard work during the first year or so of the puppy’s life.
What’s in the Box?
Each month, the box will change, according to what you need and how old your pup is. Every box is customized to fit the needs of your family.
- Training Information – A packet of training information that is written by industry experts containing proven methods that are proven to be the best ways to reach a certain goal is included in every box. Every month, the training instructions will change, and will grow with you and your puppy, as PupBox stays right by your side every step of the way during puppyhood.
- Treats – Each month, the treats will change to keep your dog’s attention better, so you can worry about focusing on what your fur baby needs in lessons and training. The treats are specially designed to give your dog a ton of nutrition that is good for both the brain and the body, so they can put in maximum effort for training. The treats are all-natural and is a perfect supplement to their regular, well-balanced diet. All treats that are included in every PupBox is made in America and Canada.
- Toys – Puppies need a variety of toys in order to keep themselves entertained and distracted from doing bad things like eating the couch. Puppies can be extremely destructive if they aren’t given what they need to satiate their need for biting and chewing. Puppies lose their baby teeth around 3 months old – 6 or 7 months old, so you will have at least a few months when your puppy needs to be chewing on something every hour of every day. PupBox offers lots of different toys in each box that will satisfy your puppy’s need to chew. For smaller dogs, or dogs with what’s called a ‘soft’ mouth, there are plush toys with squeakers, and crinkle plastic for sound entertainment while they chew. PupBox offers plenty of hard toys for the strong biters. What’s unique about PupBox is that not only are they specific to puppies, but they really do a great job of giving their customers toys that engage the puppy in ways that most other toys simply can’t do. These toys can be puzzle toys, toys with treats inside, toys that make sounds when they do something specific to it, etc. These toys work their mind, so they stay focused on training while having a blast playing. There are also many other toys that you can expect from PupBox that’ll keep your puppy buddy from chewing up all your clothes, hats, furniture, and every other expensive thing that you own.
- Accessories – This box will also come with grooming supplies and adorable accessories that you can style your puppy with. The accessories can include brushes, combs, detangler brushes, bows, bandanas, and even little shirts.
- 1 Month – $39/mo
- 3 Months – $34/mo
- 6 Months – $32/mo
- 12 Months – $29/mo
PupBox is the best subscription service to have when you add a puppy to the family. The first year is hard. But, this box with all its essential items will make your life and little Rover’s life much easier and way more fun!
Bullymake Box is designed for the super chewers of the family. The featured breed of their brand is a Bulldog, which is known for being an avid chewer. “Power Chewers”, as they call them, need specialized toys that can be able to withstand the shear force of their jaws and teeth, and be entertaining enough to keep their attention. Trust all the people who’ve had everything destroyed in their house, if you have a hard chewer, you absolutely need to get the hardest, but safest, toys available. Bullymake Box delivers these toys for you.
What’s in the Box?
- Every box will have 2 or 3 rough toys that are tough enough to withstand the amazingly strong jaws of your fur buddy. Each toy or chewie has been thoroughly tested by the company on nearly every breed that is known for being destructive with their mouths. Bullymake guarantees that your dog will be happy and satisfied with the toys. They even put a guarantee on their products that they will last for 14 days, no matter what. If you have a huge Labrador Retriever or another ‘power chewer’, you are probably already ordering this subscription service, because you know that those Labs have no mercy, and take no prisoners when it comes to toys.
What are Some of the Toys?
- Bullymake ‘Nilla Chew – This is a hard material shaped like a bone that is vanilla flavored. All dogs absolutely love this product and will chew on it for days if you let them.
- Bullymake Treat Snacker – This toy resembles a “Kong” toy, as those are the closest, most popular comparison. It has a hole all the way through the middle, allowing you to insert snacks and treats inside, so your dog can distract themselves by working to get the treat out of the toy. This toy is as tough as they get and will hold up against even the strongest jawed pups.
- Halfball – This toy is as it says, it is half a ball with a star-shaped hole in the middle to stuff treats into. This toy is great for energetic dogs because it bounces easily and in all different directions when dropped, making it super fun for a dog to toss and chase. It’s the perfect toy for self-entertainment. It is also extremely durable.
- Other Products – Bullymake has plenty of other tough toys themed for major holidays that your dog will enjoy. They also have tough snacks and treats like jerked chicken filets, tenders, and chicken skins. You can find all of them in each box.
- 1 Month – $39/mo
- 3 Months – $108 ($36/mo)
- 6 Months – $204 ($34/mo)
- 12 Months – $372 ($31/mo)
- View all plans
BullyMake Box Final Thoughts: What’s great about Bullymake is that you can get some seriously tough products delivered right to your door for Fido. Although, they have several products made from Nylon Plastic, which is a heavy plastic material that has been through some controversy in the last couple years because it is thought of by some to be a cause of cancer, and if your dog chews chunks off the material, it becomes a choking hazard, and also a gastrointestinal hazard that other dogs have undergone surgery to remove. Any toy can be dangerous, but many dog parents have completely done away with toys that are made from that nylon plastic material.
First, this review needs to start off with the very odd online presence this company, or whatever it is has, because they don’t have their own website! Yes, when looking and searching for anything about PawPack, the only place that you can purchase their boxes are at another site that offers their customers services to shop multiple brands and subscriptions of dog products. So, when people are going to search for PawPack subscription boxes, they are going to be utterly confused, just fair warning for everyone. With that out of the way, let’s dive in to what is actually in the box once you can actually find the place to purchase it.
Customizable Boxes – Every person who subscribes to the service must complete an in-depth profile that includes information about them and the dog. The PawPack team then handpicks toys, treats, and other goodies to put into your box every month.
Products – The products information on the site they sell the boxes from is very vague. There is actually no information in fact, except that they tell you that the snacks and treats are all-natural, and the toys are unique.
- 12 Months – $299.88 ($24.99/mo)
Pawpack Final Thoughts: Honestly, the whole thing seems sketchy. Why a company wouldn’t have their own website is beyond comprehension. When pet parents want to buy products for their fur babies, they want to know everything about that product. So, when you research this company, only to be redirected to some other site, and then one you finally navigate to the information, you find that it is so vague, that it actually tells you nothing. That’s a problem. Any company that makes items for dogs needs to be transparent and honest about what they make and sell. From what the information says, it seems that the company doesn’t make anything themselves, so they are just basically wanting your money to go shopping for you, getting you a couple of toys and a bag of treats, and then sending it to you for way too much money. You’d be better off subscribing to any other subscription box service, or do like you always do, and make a quick stop to the pet store and buy the products yourself. You’ll save time and money.
Final Verdict: PupBox vs BarkBox vs BullyMake vs PawPack
Subscription boxes are the way of the future if you want quality products that are unique. Big box stores won’t sell those great products for a few reasons, like the cheap stuff they have will fly off the shelves more than premium products just because of the price, and the profit margin is too low for them. These pawsome products don’t vibe with a big box store’s bottom line. So, get in on a great box service that will give you everything you need and want for your puppy or adult dog, so the whole family can enjoy playtime and training.
Be aware of companies that are trying to do what the good box services are doing, but are cutting corners, like what PawPack is seemingly doing, upon this initial review. Find the good ones that’ll happily give you any and all information about everything. Know what you are buying. Do your research on the types of toys the service has. Your fur buddy needs to be happy and healthy, and safety is the most important thing to consider here. Some toys are more dangerous than others, and some of these dog product box services have the toys that are considered more dangerous. Stay aware, do your homework, be safe, and enjoy all the wonderful products that the best dog subscription box services offer.